Sunday, January 07, 2007

Log-In Date

Mark your calendars...we have received our log-in date which is November 22, 2006. This is the date that we will use to follow the progress of our paperwork in China. When referrals are announced, the agency uses the log-in dates to announce to families that they will be going to China soon to pick-up there son or daughter. At this point, the referral process is continuing to lengthen and we are now looking at a possible 2008 timeframe for picking up Maylee. I know this sounds like a long time, but Mindy and I are confident that the time will go by quickly and that God is in control. We have been informed that the CCAA is taking steps to address the length and so it is possible that the process could speed up which we would of course welcome. Right now, our dossier is in the translation phase. All of the documents have to be translated into Chinese before it continues through the process. After this, we will move into the review phase which can take several months. After review, we move into the final stage which is referral which again is taking several months. It is a long process, but we know the outcome. At this point, that is all I have for an update, but I will continue to let you all know where we are at in the process.

No comments: