Saturday, September 08, 2007
Since my last posting, Mindy and I have been fortunate to enjoy some time off from work. In late April, early May, Mindy traveled with me to Las Vegas for a business trip. I was attending the Pulse Annual Conference that we held at the Wynn in Las Vegas. We were very spoiled yet glad to get home and be out of Vegas. Two days after returning home from Vegas, we took a week off for vacation and traveled with my parents and met my sister and her family at Disney World. We had so much fun while there and it was wonderful to be able to spend it with all of our family. Also in May, Mindy and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. In July, we took a week off around the 4th of July and went to Ruidoso for the week. The weather was incredible for the middle of summer. We took my two nieces and Mindy's dad with us. We all had a great time and most importantly got some much needed rest. Since then, both of our lives have been very busy with work. Oh, I almost forgot, I finally finished college on June 18th. On July 15th I was able to participate in the graduation ceremony for University of Phoenix in Dallas. There were about 1,000 students that walked and it was held at the American Airlines Center. Mindy, my parents, and my sister and kids were able to attend. I finally have my Bachelor's of Behavioral Science in Business Administration. Since that time, I have very much enjoyed more free time and getting my life back. I think Mindy is glad it is over as well because we are able to do more without having to worry about school. As for the adoption, we have now officially been waiting our referral for 10 months. According to the last email that we received from Great Wall, we still have about a year to go if nothing changes. The last group that got there referral had a log-in-date of November 22, 2005. The process has been somewhat discouraging, but we are remaining hopeful and patient as we know that we will one day be united with Maylee. Something exciting that is about to happen is that our church is preparing to start an adoption ministry. Back in May, myself and one other guy had a chance to visit with two of our minister's and we mentioned this and they really have grabbed hold of this opportunity. They definitely see the need for this type of ministry and it will be very exciting to see what God is able to do through this ministry. We have a meeting on September 16th that will officially launch things and begin the planning for the ministry. There are many exciting things going on in our lives and we are definitely keeping ourselves busy. We will continue to keep everyone updated and ask for your continued prayers. God Bless!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment